Rewind Time

vintage-jacket_via-spiga-boots

vintage-jacket_via-spiga-boots2

vintage-jacket_via-spiga-boots-back

vintage-jacket_via-spiga-boots3Vintage jacket. Image dress. Via Spiga suede boots via Nordstrom Rack

I know, this is totally retro, right? This Claudia Grau vintage jacket was given to me by wonderful co-worker who recalls wearing it during a photo shoot she worked on with Stephanie Seymour. Loving the vibrant colors.  My purple suede Via Spiga boots were a treasured find during my first venture to Nordstrom Rack. I went right before Christmas and stood in a huge line just to get these boots. I remember when I finally got to the register, the sales guy said to me, “You stood in this whole line and all you’re getting is a pair of boots?!” My reply was, “Hey, these are $70 down from over $300… worth the wait!”

The other day, I was watching Zac Effron interview Matthew Perry to promote 17 Again, and Effron asked the question, “If you had the chance, would you rather re-live the past or get a glimpse into the future?” I thought it was interesting, and would agree with Perry in saying I’d relive the past because what if the future really sucks or it’s not how you wanted things to turn out. There are just certain amazing moments and memories that I’ll only experience once with people who are no longer in my life, and I’d love to re-live them again. Oh, to be 17 again…

1. Couture Carrie
    Apr 22, 2009 @ 08:20:09

Love the jacket!!

xoxox,
    CC

2. lyndsey
    Apr 22, 2009 @ 09:57:17

lol…art’s favorite “blue” boots. they look great w/ that dress! and i disagree…the future can always change and become anything you want. im happy w/ my past but i like the adventure that comes from not knowing what’s coming :)

3. AsianCajuns (Lauren)
    Apr 22, 2009 @ 12:12:25

Oh my gosh- that is a genius jacket! If I saw that on a hanger at my local thrift I would’ve thought “too boxy,” but it looks gorgeous on you! Boots were definitely worth the wait ;)

4. krystal
    Apr 22, 2009 @ 13:25:46

love your style girlie! and i totally got the target band vest too, i wish they’d do a coat… x

5. Eeli
    Apr 22, 2009 @ 18:31:57

Amazing amazing jacket and is it crazy that i too would wait in that line to snaffle up that bargain!? hahaha

You are so prettty too!… :D

6. Cari
    Apr 23, 2009 @ 08:09:03

Love your style. The whole look is flawless. xo Cari http://isnotfashion.blogspot.com

7. Elizabeth Victoria C
    Apr 23, 2009 @ 21:04:57

I loveee that vintage jacket!! Its so intricate, i’m jealous. I think I would definitely catch a glimpse of the future! I’ve already lived the past, I’d love to see whats next. xx

8. Mel
    Apr 24, 2009 @ 07:00:58

Love that jacket- definitely borrowing from you and I’ll be sure to ask before! Ahh, the Nordstrom Rack that I ditched you at to go to Borders. But ya, those boots were worth the wait! xoxo