Photos via saintlouisfashionweek.com
A few weeks ago, I posted pics of the amazing side-swipe jeans I bought from NYC-based company Love Brigade. Their clothes are a mix of rock-and-roll meets street style with an edgy vibe. Above are select images of Love Brigade’s Fall ’09 collection, “Going Home,” from Saint Louis Fashion Week in March. After having the pleasure of being interviewed for their Love Blograde, I then decided to put my past journalism experience to use and interview Christopher ‘Tinypants’ Dang, Sales & Marketing Director / Co-Owner of Love Brigade.
Left to right: Jamie Rockaway, VP/Founder. Alyssa Key, CEO/Founder. Tinypants, Sales & Marketing Director/Co-Owner
Going with the whole randomness trend from my last post, my questions were no exception on the random-esque scale…
1. In five words, describe the Love Brigade customer.
Our girl is seductive, adventurous, confident, edgy and sometimes tomboy-ish. Our boy is rugged, utilitarian, confident, aware, and a lover.
2. Finish this sentence: Personal style means…
being honest with yourself.
3. If you could choose one song to describe your life right now, what would it be?
Le Fin Du Monde by Rob Roy
4. If your house was burning and you could only grab only one piece of clothing to take with you, what would that be and why?
My Black Sateen Love Brigade Dangerpants. Guys are creatures of comfort. I wouldn’t be Tinypants without these guys.
5. If you could smash a pie into someone’s face, whose would it be?
Obama! I just want to see if he can stay cool while taking a pie in the face.
6. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
Lick 1: The introduction
Lick 2: The exploration
Lick 3: The intent
And then you bite it b/c you just don’t have the time to wait.
7. Favorite quote or motto to live by:
“Obstacles Offer Opportunity”
Thanks Tinypants for entertaining my slightly off the wall questions! And I also learned that Love Brigade will be creating online exclusives and re-issues of classic items, including the fabulous side-swipes in lightweight spring/summer fabrics. I’m definitely a fan of these jeans because of the uniqueness factor, and will keep you posted about when they’re available on Love Brigade’s site.