I know a number of you have been featured on Chicisimo, but I wanted to thank the lovely Maria for recently choosing and posting some of my looks on her site. Maria also just launched Chicisimo Brides, providing fab inspiration pics for wedding dresses. I’ve discovered some amazing new blogs from Chicisimo, so check her sites out!
Another thank you goes to the always complimentary Antoine of florilège d’esthète for passing along the One Lovely Blog Award. He has an incredible way with words, making his writing and descriptions unparallel to anyone else. Antoine, thanks for making me blush with your kind words…
And finally, the always hip and incredibly sweet Eden from Chic in the Tropics tagged me for a list of my 20 favorite things…
1. COLOR – Red and black are my college colors, so I’ll always be a fan of those. I’m also partial to blue.
2. DESSERT – I’m actually not a big dessert or cake person, even though I have a sweet tooth for candy. I don’t think I’ve ever had actual cake on my birthday… always ice cream cakes. In fact, here’s my little Carvel ice cream cake I just had last week.
3. SMELL – I dig fruity scents like coconut and strawberry. I also like vanilla. My perfume at the moment is Versace Bright Crystal.
4. FLOWER - Orchids and sunflowers
5. ANIMAL – I love monkeys! Whenever I go to the zoo, I love to watch them swing around.
San Diego Zoo
6. MONTH - June because it’s my birthday and the start of summer
7. BEVERAGE – My daily beverages include lots of water and Nestea.
8. SHOES – Favorite shoes that I own are my Jeffrey Campbell Biz Belted Booties. Shoe crushes are the Alexander Wang “Hanne” Triple Buckle Boots and Balmain Multi-zip Suede Boots.
Jeffrey Campbell Biz Belted Booties now availabe in black and taupe at Urban Outfitters
Alexander Wang “Hanne” Triple Buckle Boots
Balmain Multi-zip Suede Boots
9. SNACK – If I want something sweet, I’ll eat Skittles or Sour Patch Kids. If I’m craving something salty, which is usually the case, I’ll opt for popcorn or Kettle potato chips.
10. SONG/S - Yea, I have too many favs, but I’ll always love “Sway” by The Perishers, “With or Without You” by U2 and “Friday I’m in Love” by The Cure. And no matter how many times they’ve been overplayed on the radio, I still dig “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga and “Live Your Life” by T.I. and Rhianna.
11. BOOK – Where the Wild Things Are (can’t wait for the movie!)
12. FRUIT - Pineapple and mandarin oranges
13. HAIRSTYLE – Honestly on a daily basis I don’t do anything with my hair. I let it air dry after washing it and I’ll fess up that I don’t even brush my hair… until it gets too knotty to stand, and then I’ll whip out my brush. The most I do with my hair is twist it into a tight bun if I want to add some waves. On occasion, I do like to throw on a headband every now and then.
14. PIECE/S OF CLOTHING – Skinny jeans, leather jackets, oversized blazers, corset tops and men’s plaid shirts (like the Stapleford Buffalo Work shirt via Urban Outfitters below) .
15. STORES TO SHOP - Since my mall trips have steadily declined, my fav online shops are Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Nasty Gal Vintage, Shopbop, Oaknyc and RevolveClothing.
16. SEASON – Summer lovin’
17. HOBBY - Dancing, following college basketball, dreaming up ideas for my future screenplay, watching bad reality TV, discovering new music bands or artists and of course shopping and flea marketing.
18. THINGS TO COLLECT - Quotes. I have an ever growing collection full of movie/TV, song, life, friendship and love quotes.
19. MOVIE - Oh I could never just pick one, so off the top of my head, my favs are Goonies, Sixteen Candles, Dirty Dancing, The Rock, The Notebook, The Devil Wears Prada, 27 Dresses, The Hangover and I Love you, Man.
20. RESTAURANT – Any Italian restaurant. I could eat pasta everyday!
To keep this circulating, I’m tagging:
Shin from Fashion Cappuccino
Libby from FASHIONconfectionairy
Joelyne from the sydney girl
Ash Fox from Tit Tees
Carolina from The Clothist
Sylvia from Chaotic Cookie