I’ve Always Been a Dreamer

FP dress_Zara vest_JR boots

FP dress_Zara vest_JR boots2

FP dress_Zara vest_JR boots3Free People dress. Zara vest. Urban Outfitters bandeau. Nasty Gal vintage fingerless gloves. Vintage Justin Roper boots

Florals + Denim + Combat boots = My dream combo.

I realize this look is not groundbreaking, so I went ahead and did some accessorizing.  I’m still loving tiered ruffles and going for another layered look, decided to throw on this UO bandeau over my new Free People dress/tunic.

Thank you to the fabulous ladies behind two of my daily reads –  Oh So Hip It Hurts for tagging me and Fashionista for giving me an award.

Award

Here are my ten random facts…

1.  I’m most inspired by the trends from the 60′s and 80′s.

2.  I can’t whistle and fake snap my fingers.

3.  I only wear skinny jeans but wish I could pull off the wide leg pants look.

4.  I played the piano for four years… mainly a mix of Celine Dion and country songs.  Yes, I like old school Celine songs.

5.  I’ve pushed myself physically when I completed the Los Angeles Marathon without training (note: I don’t recommend this.) and stayed awake while standing for 24 straight hours for charity.

6.  In high school I was a coxswain for the crew team.  I got to yell at boys and steer a boat.  Good times.

7.  I prefer the grunge and shaggy look over clean-cut in guys.

8.  I had a scar on my face for 13 years, courtesy of Mel.  We used to fight A LOT when we were young.

9.  I am a huge men’s college basketball fan.  This stems from when my school won the NCAA Championship.  Best day ever.

10.  I have 8 piercings… 7 in my ears.

Admittedly, I get bored easily and decided that I was over the last blog template.  This layout feels a bit more open and easier to read.  Hope you all like it!

1. janettaylor
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 02:02:57

U look so cool as always!
    AND congrats on the award!

XoXo

2. Kelly
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 04:21:18

I love this outfit, beautiful floral pencil ;) Yesterday I wore a floral skirt too ;)

3. Antoine
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 05:58:34

Wooow So Becs and Her KILLing smile are Back, AND it Frankly sounds as such a “Flowering/Biker CHIC-issime” Delight !!!!
    ps: Mmmh AND I really like your so Sexy/GLAMorous “Scarface” ‘s (????!!!!) slight/personal declination !!!
    Hope you’re Well Dear.

à Bientôt, Antoine

4. thischicksgotstyle
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 06:31:57

Flowers and denimn always works so well and you look great in it becs :D
    And I have to agree an the grungy look more than the super clean look for guys! How nice is a three-days-old beard!

5. lyndsey | paper girl
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 07:41:01

yay you’re back to blogging! and haha i never knew you played the piano. random.

6. Pinky
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 07:50:53

Love the new layout! Definitely feels more “open.” I proudly admit my love for Celine, she has a voice like no other!

You do flowers and denim so well I love it!

7. Style crusader
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 08:11:28

Love the florals, and those booots! I’m on the search for boots like those!

8. Ilanka
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 10:54:21

Love the dress! So cute.

9. HoneyBunny
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 12:50:44

You look gorgeous, dear! Love that dress with the ruffled bandeau top! I wouldn’t have thought of that!:) Great boots too<3
    Oh,and the new template is lovely:)

:***

10. Modediktat
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 13:01:29

YAY YAY YAY!!!! BECS with the 8 piercings!!!
    How are you, swetheart!? Congrats to all your awards – VEEEEEEEEEEEERY well deserved. I’ve recieved two more – but this time I’ll make it shorter. I guess to begin freaking off the people when they need always 15minutes to scroll down to the comment box, hehe…..
    So one of the next awards will be passed to you – better watch out!

I’m very glad to hear that you’re doing fine and that you almost settled in (fine tuning now, right? ;) )
    I love your entire outfit – and the fingerless loves are HUGE!
    Gloves are so hot for Autumn and Winter! Love them – especially with fringes and studs.

Wishing you and Mel a wonderful week – please give a hug and a kiss to each other from your blogger fellow in Germany ;)
    mwamwamuuuuaahh! BIIIIG KISS + MUUUUUUCH LOVE!!! s.

11. GEMA
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 13:26:38

thank you very much for your comment! Amazzing outfit! I love your boots

12. Suzanne
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 13:48:25

wow, great skirt!

13. hauteworld
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 13:54:32

Love your tag answers! And the floral skirt as well. I actually played the piano for over 10 years (yes, I took lessons as a little kiddo), then ignored it for a while – I’m trying to get back into it now. Can’t say I ever played any Celine Dion though ;) Hope you’re having a great week!

14. Tamara
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 14:22:19

Love the dress, so amazingly 90′s!

15. Kristin
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 18:29:19

Love the new look and your delicious style lady. I’m all about SEC football!!

16. thesydneygirl
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 19:05:26

awwww becs! you look so PREEETTTY! i really missed your posts!!!
    hows the moving in and everything going? you and your sis are
    the sweetest things! mwa

17. thesydneygirl
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 21:31:42

hahaha you make me laugh! MWA

18. Sylvia
    Aug 26, 2009 @ 23:33:24

Definitely a great combo! Those gloves are so badddddd in a good way ha. I’ve been looking for some too..maybe ebay??

19. Susanna-Cole
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 07:08:33

Beautiful outfit, and I especially love your boots, they’re gorgeous! <3

xoxo,
    S-C

20. ediot
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 08:41:03

you look amazing i just adore your sense of style- the pattern of the skirt is so nice. hope youre great

21. sexyinthecity
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 12:45:35

Wow, lovely look!!
    The dress is amazing and is so well combined!!!
    And the boots are killers!!
    You have great style ;)

xx

22. Shin
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 13:19:54

Hey Becs!! Good to see you again!! I love the new blog’s layout and you look so fierce in those gloves! I always think they look great paired with dresses! I’ve checked out the Kate Moss collection last night and I think I like maybe one or two pieces but that’s about it. Have you heard about the Christopher Kane collection for next month??! I’m so excited! xxoxoxoxo

23. Tip
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 14:15:53

lovely as always!! Digging the gloves and Love the outfit!
    enjoyed reading your facts! Thanx for checking on me!! ur the sweetest!!!! Hope all is well in with you all’s new home!

24. Catherine
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 14:39:57

Love the new template and your accessorizing. I think this season, in order to save money, I need to get creative with accessories.

Lar and I bickered a lot when we were little, but were way too wussy to get too physical. Once I tried to bit her and ended up biting myself. That pretty much ended all physical violence.

25. Nadia
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 17:51:13

it may not be groundbreaking but this is certainly a really cute dress . it fits like a dream .. i love those gloves

26. Clare
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 18:19:41

Becs! I got so excited when I saw your comment on my blog! You are so cute! And it is about time your looks were published! You should get more press more often, I say. Me and my sister used to fight a lot when we were younger too. Even though she is 5 yrs younger, she always won. I am too prissy and when she brought out the plastic trucks and began clonking me with them… the game was over… another loss for me! :0)

Have a great night!

27. Fashion CHALET
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 18:57:10

Thanks, :)
    where have you been off too?

I’m sorry to say I haven’t been catching up with my TV the way I should be.

I think ever since Summer arrived, I’ve been “MIA” from the TV scene. ;)

You rock florals like no other. I want this whole outfit!

xoxo!

28. Sylvia
    Aug 27, 2009 @ 22:44:58

Sorry to comment again, but thanks for the heads up about Vegas! and YES i got my hair done!! i haven’t had my hair colored for soooo long. anyways, i will post some up soon!

29. Jessie
    Aug 28, 2009 @ 06:54:01

the floral is so cute, and I love that you added the fingerless gloves..nice touch!
    -jessie

30. Cris M.
    Aug 28, 2009 @ 13:43:21

amazing dress!! I’ve a lot of piercings in my ears too, but I never use earrings.. hehe

31. Christina
    Aug 28, 2009 @ 15:31:10

You look absolutely adorable! And those GLOVES, they’re amazing!

32. Raez
    Aug 28, 2009 @ 20:55:33

yay, a new post:) you look amazing, and haha, celine dion;)

xx raez

33. cocktailoffashion
    Aug 29, 2009 @ 09:02:49

Hi Becs,

It’s good to see you back and smiling as usual :)
    Congrats on your awards my dear!
    I enjoyed reading your 10 random facts…wow, you have 8 piercings! wow, glad to know you did the LA Marathon! I plan to run the London Marathon next year if my knee behaves! :)

p.s the new template is great, i am also thinking of changing mine and removing the pictures!

Have a great weekend :)

34. Wrecked Stellar
    Aug 29, 2009 @ 12:55:21

Umm, you left out the detail where you ran in my room and scribbled all over my beautiful drawing so I then accidentally left you with a scar when we were fighting! :) Love you!

35. Maria
    Aug 29, 2009 @ 18:10:31

Cute dress. *

36. dreamsequins
    Aug 29, 2009 @ 21:28:08

Congratulations on the award! I love those fingerless gloves.

37. LaMimi
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 11:36:18

Love your style Becs,
    This is something I could never pull off, because I dont feel comfortable wearing most patterns, but it looks PERFECT on you:)
    Hope you are having a blessed sunday!

xoxo
    Mimi

38. Marian
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 12:40:24

Becs you have a gorge smile, i love that dress on you. looks great with the denim vest! Loev that you used to play the piano honey
    xx
    marian

39. Marcella
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 16:18:52

Have missed you on here heaps Becs, glad you’re back at your fiercest! You own that combo!

40. Jocelynne
    Aug 30, 2009 @ 22:29:36

That’s a gorgeous dress! I love the whole outfit. I wish I could pull off that hairstyle haha

41. EMILIE
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 04:09:19

Flowers + denim + boots… amazing! Love your style!

42. greenjeans
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 08:32:42

scars are the coolest.

ps. I don’t think you can go to the Great Wall and not take a picture like that. When were you in China?

43. ak
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 13:23:46

the gloves really do add such a new and cool feel to the whole outfit
    xx

44. Marisa
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 21:16:04

love everything about this outfit

perfectly put together love xx

45. Shin
    Sep 01, 2009 @ 12:58:28

Hey Becs! Wow! I think I love this layout a lot better! Very cool and modern! xoxoxox

46. dapper kid
    Sep 01, 2009 @ 14:39:37

I am loving your dress and those boots are SO amazing!! Ooh and the new layout is so cool. Hope you’re having a beautiful day dear :)

47. Make Do Style
    Sep 04, 2009 @ 00:11:54

So hard sometimes to fulfil posting – a bit of time out is good and your pics are fab (except psst don’t tell anyone but I’m so bored of Kate Moss)

48. ak
    Sep 04, 2009 @ 10:27:07

wow to all those pics. hello give me that tee with the shoulder pads. reminds me of the william rast collection i worked with this past fashion week. all the tees had huge shoulder pads and everyone at my comp hated them and would make me try them on to show them that i look ridic but i loved it. and dying for a tattoo now too
    xx

49. Cafe Fashionista
    Sep 05, 2009 @ 06:19:46

I adore the juxtaposition between girly and grunge. You have amazing style! :)

50. isquisofrenia style
    Sep 06, 2009 @ 18:15:51

i would wear this whole outfit including accessories everything in a hearbeat.
    you look so awesome!!!