Wild thing, you make my heart sing

Maurie-Eve Leopard Wedges-MyCatwalk

1.  Maurie & Eve Fantasies Wedge ($205) via MyCatwalk.com

Pair these with ankle socks, a mini skirt or shorts and an oversized V-neck t-shirt for a casual look.

Alexander Wang Alla leopard print wedge-Farfetch.com

2.  Alexander Wang ‘Alla’ leopard print wedge-mule ($927) via Farfetch.com

These wedges would complete two different looks — skinny black jeans & a cropped blazer or long tank dress with a floppy hat.

Jeffrey Campbell Cayman 5 Strap sandals-Shopbop.com

3. Jeffrey Campbell Cayman Fur sandals ($120) via Solestruck.com

Also available at Shopbop, ShopNastyGal, Urban Outfitters & Need Supply

Throw these on with denim cut-offs, a loose-fitting tank and a beanie.

Sam Edelman Katrice Wedge Sandal-Nordstrom

4. Sam Edelman Katrice Wedge Sandal ($142) via Lorisshoes.com

Also available at Endless.com & Nordstrom

Perfect to pair with socks (from ankle to thigh-highs) and a LBD with a motorcycle leather jacket

Opening Ceremony Lace-up Open Toe Wedge

5.  Opening Ceremony Lace-Up Open Toe Wedge ($510) via La Garçonne

Pair these with black leather leggings, an oversized cardigan sweater and sheer button-down blouse.

Jeffrey Campbell Mariel Wedge-Singer22.com

6.  Jeffrey Campbell Mariel Platform Wedge Sandal ($145) via Jildor

See #4 about how I’d style these wedges.

Jeffrey Campbell Nation Ankle Booties-Shopbop

7.  Jeffrey Campbell Nation Ankle Booties ($196) via Shopbop

Throw these on with… anything.  Versatile with a black lace dress, denim cutoffs and an oversized tank, or skinny jeans and a cropped leather jacket.

Finally, how amazing would the Jeffrey Campbell PIXIE look in cheetah fur?

Jeffrey Campbell PIXIE-Solestruck

Well, start saving your $, because Solestruck will have them in about a month.  IMHO, far superior to the sold-out Jeffrey Campbell 99 Fur in Cheetah, these are going on my lust list.

Personally, leopard/cheetah/animal (excluding zebra — I don’t do black & white vertical stripes) print will always be a staple in my closet.  I could walk out the door wearing any of the above shoes with a plain Hanes t-shirt and skinny jeans and still feel put together.  Hail to the power of shoes.

Are you over leopard print or still on the bandwagon like me?

Which shoe above is your fav?

xoxo, becs

1. neekoh
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 15:11:50

I am the TOTAL opposite of you: no leopard print for me (or minimal at best) and loads of zebra/stripes! At least you know we won’t be fighting over the last anything ;)
    That said, the Wangs are obvs my faves. I picture a statuesque blonde model traipsing down the runway in them (ahem, that’s what I hope to feel like if/when I wear them).

XX,
    Neekoh

2. Wrecked Stellar
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 15:34:45

The Alexander Wangs are my favorite. I spotted them right away on a woman waiting in line in the bathroom at the LA Fashion Weekend finale show. They are simply stellar. Leopard print needs to be done a certain way- if done wrong, the print looks fake and cheesy. xo, Mel

3. Becs
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 17:12:54

neekoh, good to know! :) yea, i don’t look good in zebra / vertical stripes at all.

xo, becs

4. James
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 17:30:38

The first wedges and the wedge in pic #4 (as you can see, I’m a wedge supporter :) . I love the look of leopard shoe, even if it’s done with a contrasting print up top (depending on how it looks of course). Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us ;)

-”Mod” James

5. Anika
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 07:26:05

Still very much so entrenched on that bandwagon!

And thank you for sharing the Maurie & Eve ones, I die!

I hopped on to mycatwalk (such an addiction for me!) but they’re sold out. Bummer. Will try my luck at an actual store tomorrow.

p.s. how can you not love animal print? How????? And wearing two different types of animal print, doing it right? That’s perfection.

p.p.s. Adore your blog!!! Adding you to my link list!

6. Cafe Fashionista
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 08:22:45

Sam Edelman Katrice Wedge Sandal. ooh, I want them, I want them, I want them!! :)

7. Beth Musni
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 09:24:38

Oh my god, that first pair! I NEED those. It was lust at first sight.

Thank you so much for your comment! I’m glad you enjoy my blog!

And I’m digging your taste in shoes.

8. alixrose
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 13:40:22

Did you write this post for me?
    Leopard print, am such a sucker for it! Amazing selections!

9. Shin
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 15:02:52

Hey Becs!! Oh! I can’t wait to see that shopbop dress! I’m in need of long summer dresses! I love leopart prints on anything! My favorite would be the first one and the last one! xoxoxooxxo

10. Clare
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 17:14:54

I LOVE Leopard print! I have shoes and an adorable pencil skirt. I like it in moderation, so shoes are perfect…. and belts too…

So great to have you back Becs! Hope you had fun on your business trip!

11. jon
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 18:48:00

The more craze shoes a girl has the cooler the girl, right? They’re totally directly proportional. I say any of these shoes, an ocbd, and raw denim equals boy kryptonite forever.

12. AsianCajuns (Cath)
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 20:51:16

It’s so funny how many people I’ve heard talk about how animal print is tacky and horrible, but every time I wear leopard print or zebra print, I always get compliments?! I think if an outfit is well balanced (like the print is only in the shoes) then it can look really awesome.

13. savvy gal
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 21:20:15

I like the 2nd pair, very snazzy!

14. The Owl's Closet
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 21:48:09

ooo these are such fun shoes! i’m loving the jeffrey campbell cayman sandals! thx again for dropping by my blog:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

15. javieraisidora
    Apr 16, 2010 @ 11:35:20

i prefer the Jeffrey Campbell Cayman Fur sandals !

16. melmo
    Apr 16, 2010 @ 12:03:18

awwww. i looove these shoes. all of them. i have some flats in cheetah look and i definitely want some heels as well! good choice.

17. Leah
    Apr 16, 2010 @ 15:24:03

Gorgeous… I love the first pair. I love your styling tips for those shoes. :-)

18. nadia
    Apr 16, 2010 @ 17:23:52

that nordstrom wedge is incredible!

19. Ashley
    Apr 17, 2010 @ 17:11:23

Be still my heart!! I’m going to be checking Solestruck every day now for those Jeffrey Campbells!!

20. Becs
    Apr 17, 2010 @ 23:17:34

thanks everyone for your feedback; glad to know i’m not the only one who still loves leopard print shoes! will prob. order the sam edelman wedges since they’ll look cute with socks.

xo, becs

21. ediot
    Apr 18, 2010 @ 14:24:29

i seriously hated on animal print. just half an year ago. but i think its your fault ive started to like it ;) i like an leopard patterned scarf now- but only in bright colours that arent the usual colours as above.
    in a few years id probably dig that too thanks to you ;) haha
    take care

xx ediot

22. Arrangements for Children Lawyers Brisbane
    Apr 18, 2010 @ 18:25:57

It is the time that get the pair of leopard patterned shoes I have out of the storage.//:p
    I have bag match with it as well.

23. Tamara
    Apr 18, 2010 @ 23:56:11

The Jeffrey Campbell sandals would definitely fit me ;)
    Have a nice Monday, Becs! xoxo

24. taylor
    Apr 19, 2010 @ 21:44:16

oh man amazing!! I need some!

25. Laura
    Apr 21, 2010 @ 19:09:13

Do we really have to pick just one?? I want them all! Especially those Jeffrey Campbells in leopard; they would be so HOT!

26. Becs
    Apr 22, 2010 @ 19:10:35

Hey all– just bought the Sam Edelman Katrice wedges from Lori’s Shoes online (best price out there for these wedges). I’ll post outfit pics wearing them if they fit!

xo, becs