autumn in new york

zara blazer

zara blazer

wearing Zara blazer, blouse and shoes; H&M shorts (similar – on sale), socks and belt; and BDG men’s sweater cardigan from Urban Outfitters

reunion dinner in NYC with Taisa, Natalie, Renee, Rebecca and Melanie!

Hey, hey, did I mention I’m on the east coast? I’ve been catching up with fam and friends back home and loving every non-stop minute of it. The old saying definitely rings true — distance makes the heart grow fonder. But there is no better feeling when you’re able to pick up right where you left off with friends, despite how much time has passed between visits. Really makes me appreciate my east coast loveys that much more!

A few days ago, Melanie and I spent the day in New York City, where I was the only idiot one baring legs with shorts. For the record, at least they were wool shorts! Fully fessing up to having my heart set on a socks with heels look, no matter how chilly it was going to be outside. Weather, you won’t hold me down. SO happy I got to see Mariah and meet Jake, as well as catch up with Taisa, Natalie, Renee and Rebecca over yummy Malaysian food. Amazing times with amazing people.

lucky magazine levis curve id event

This Thursday, I’ll be heading over to Lucky magazine and Levi’s Curve ID “Fit Event” at the Levi’s Store in Beverly Hills. From 7 – 9 p.m., shoppers will receive a custom “Curve ID Fit Measurement” by a Levi’s Fit Specialist, along with the extra bonuses of getting 25% off all Curve ID products and a Lucky Swag Bag with purchase of a pair of Levi’s Curve ID. Sounds good, right? Always have a challenging time finding the right pair of jeans that will do wonders for my flat ass, and at the same time, fit my tiny waist, so I’m pretty excited to get a custom fitting. Swing on by if you’re free!

xx, becs

1. ediot
    Oct 11, 2011 @ 03:17:31

great outfit girl, i like it a lot. wish i could spend autumn in new york. must be wonderful. cute blogger get together shot. you look great

x

2. Anna
    Oct 11, 2011 @ 05:54:20

Love the outfit. Lots of colours.

3. Tamara
    Oct 11, 2011 @ 10:17:16

Loved how you mixed the colours in this outfit, the blazer, shirt and sweater combination is great!

I was in NYC last autumn (for the first time in my life) and I think it was a perfect season, a little bit cold, since it was November but the tree leaves falling made of it such a beautiful scene.

xx

4. suzy
    Oct 11, 2011 @ 12:29:37

Hey Becs! I absolutely love your style (and your sisters) and love how you guys aren’t afraid to pair different colors, textures, prints etc, together. I love it when people experiment and aren’t afraid to mix and match- fashion’s supposed to be fun, right? And you def. make it look like it! I’d love to raid your closet, you have the coolest pieces! I forget, you and Mel are twins, right? Who’s older? I’m about a couple mins. older than Liana.

And thanks for all your recent comments! The flea market we went to was in a small town like 10 mins away from ours. It was alright, but nothing compared to one in like, SF or LA :)

Beneath the Glass

5. Alyssa
    Oct 11, 2011 @ 17:48:23

You look great! I wish I could pull off those bold bright colors like you. I didn’t know you knew Natalie, she’s blowing up all over the place now.

6. Dylana